Who should take this Class?
- Families who want their puppies to develop good habits
- Handlers who wants to develop a strong working relationship with their puppy
- Handlers who want to eventually work with their dogs off-leash
- Puppies between the age of 12 weeks and 5 months
- Puppies who struggle with over-arousal (grabbing legs, leash-biting, tugging on clothing, etc.)
- Puppies who struggle to focus in stimulating environments
- Puppies who are fearful, anxious, or worried
What is Control Unleashed?
The Control Unleashed program is based on the books by Leslie McDevitt. Originally designed to help dogs learn how to relax, focus, and work reliably off-leash, CU uses “conversational” training to build a solid foundation of life skills.
What will you learn?
We will focus on default behaviors and pattern games. Default behaviors give your dog a repertoire of socially acceptable methods of engaging with you and others. Pattern games help your puppy translate unfamiliar or overstimulating environments into a familiar, predictable framework that allows them to process the environment while remaining engaged and able to focus. Through the program you will learn how to understand and empower your puppy, and your puppy will learn to make good behavioral choices.
How does it work?
This 6-week class will take place online and outdoors at Canine Humane Network. We will meet on Zoom each Thursday to discuss and learn new skills in a low-distraction environment; we will then apply those skills in a group class setting on Saturday. The last 2 weeks will take place outdoors only.
When does it start?
September 2, 2021
12 weeks - 5 months
13454 Clarksville Pike
Highland, MD 2077
Thursdays at 6:00 pm
Saturdays at 11:00 am