Who should take this class?
- Anyone who wants to develop a stronger working relationship with their dog
- Dogs who are fearful, anxious, or worried
- Dogs who struggle to focus in stimulating environments
- Handlers who want to work with their dogs off-leash
- It is also beneficial for dogs with mild reactivity (for more severe reactivity, check out CU: Reactive to Relaxed)
What is Control Unleashed?
The Control Unleashed program was originally designed to help dogs learn how to relax, focus, and ultimately work off-leash. In Leslie McDevitt's latest book, Control Unleashed: Reactive to Relaxed, she introduces pattern games that help your dog translate unfamiliar or overstimulating environments into a familiar, predictable framework.
What will you learn?
This class will introduce the concept of conversational training: you will learn how to understand and empower your dog, and your dog will learn how to make good behavioral choices.
How does it work?
This 5-week class will take place online and outdoors at Canine Humane Network. We will meet on Zoom each Wednesday to introduce new skills in a low-distraction environment; we will then apply those skills in a group class setting on Saturday. Upon completion of this class, you will be eligible for Control Unleashed in the Great Outdoors.
13454 Clarksville Pike
Highland, MD 2077
Wednesdays at 7:00 pm
Saturdays at 10:00 am
starting January 30