Who should take this class?
- Anyone who wants to develop a stronger working relationship with their dog
- Dogs who are fearful, anxious, or worried
- Dogs who struggle to focus in stimulating environments
- Handlers who want to work with their dogs off-leash
- It is also beneficial for dogs with mild reactivity (for more severe reactivity, check out CU: Reactive to Relaxed)
What is Control Unleashed?
The Control Unleashed program was originally designed to help dogs learn how to relax, focus, and ultimately work off-leash. In Leslie McDevitt's latest book, Control Unleashed: Reactive to Relaxed, she introduces pattern games that help your dog translate unfamiliar or overstimulating environments into a familiar, predictable framework.
What will you learn?
The class will focus on default behaviors and pattern games. Default behaviors give your dog a repertoire of socially acceptable methods of engaging with you and others. Pattern games help your dog translate unfamiliar or overstimulating environments into a familiar, predictable framework that allows them to process the environment while remaining engaged and able to focus. Through the program you will learn how to understand and empower your dog, and your dog will learn to make good behavioral choices.
How does it work?
This 4-week class will incorporate online learning of the concepts to be used during outdoor classes at Canine Humane Network. Participants will be assigned new skills to work on each week at home before applying those skills in a group class setting. They will have access to handouts, video demonstrations, and an optional weekly Zoom meeting for Q&As.
Starts week of February 14
Saturdays at 10:00 am